- Membership website = a website that contains a member area.
- Memberships can be free, paid, or both.
- Free membership sites: Often used for building a database of members, which can then be monetized in other ways. (E.g. facebook.com)
- Remember, “the money is in the list”.
- Paid membership sites: A membership fee is charged. It could be a one-time fee or a recurring membership fee.
- Using recurring membership fees is a great way to add continuity to your business model.
- Continuity = Cash Flow = Financial Freedom
- Membership area is an ideal way to provide ongoing products/services.
- Multi-tiered membership sites: Can give you the best benefits of both free and paid membership sites. (Grow a big list while generating income)
- Tips for choosing a membership site script:
– Get one that will install on your own domain.
– Get one that is popular… there’s safety in numbers.
– Make sure it will support your payment processing method.
Wishlist a membership plugin for WordPress (Most common)
eMember a membership plugin for WordPress (My favourite)
S2 a membership plugin for WordPress (Has a FREE option)
Million Dollar Membership Sites PLR
1) Decide if you’re going to create a membership site.
2) If yes, choose a script to run your site, and buy it.
3) Install the plugin.
In the next lesson I’ll be covering WordPress!
As always, you are welcome to post your questions and comments below
Have a great day!